554 errors is a SMTP error. SMTP stands for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol. It is an internet standard generally for the electronic mails. It is used for the transmission of the internet protocols across the IP networks. If the transactions fail, then generally it returns 554 errors. If the SMTP transaction gets failed, then generally a generic response is returned from the server side indicating 554 errors. If there are numerous errors during the processing, then this type of generic response is returned by the server. This article is all about the 554 errors and the ways to fix it.
If the email account you are using is not authenticated in the Ad host’s mail server and you are using the non-authenticated account to send the Ad host emails, then 554 errors occur. Through the pop account, the mail server authenticates the account. When the user checks the email, then with the help of the pop user and password, the mail server authenticates the user’s account. There is a relay list of IPs, so when the user checks the emails, the mail server catches that IP and then adds to the relay list. The relay list of the mail server is deleted in every 70 minutes. So if the relay list gets deleted and after that you are trying to send the emails, then 554 errors will come.
How to fix 554 errors-
1) The user has to re-authenticate. For this, the users have to follow some easy steps-
• From outbox; the users have to delete all the mails. If the messages are important, then the messages can be saved in the draft.
• After that just click on “send/Receive”. After doing this, you will be re-authenticated.
• After that, you can send the emails.
2) Before sending the emails, you have to configure the email client so that you can check the emails.
• First go to “Tools” in the Outlook and then to “Email Accounts”. After that just check “View or change existing email accounts”. After that click “Next”.
• After that form the list, just check your account and then click “change”.
• After that select “More settings”.
• Then go to the “Outgoing Server”.
• After that check “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”.
• Then select “Log on to incoming mail server before sending mail”.
• After that click on “OK” and then click “Next” and then “finish”.
These are the easy steps that will resolve 554 errors.